Friday, March 11, 2011

11 March 2011

In July of 2009 Emily and I decided to have someone do a total restoration on our 64 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport Convertible. I had planned to do it myself but came to the point where I had to admit that I was no longer up to doing it all myself. We found a guy that we were convinced would do the kind of quality work that we desired. He is only about 15 minutes from where we live. He moved here several years ago from California where he had been in the auto body repair business for many years.

For those who don't remember (or in some cases never knew), Emily and I bought the car new about three months after we were married. We wore it out once and did a cosmetic restoration before wearing it out a second time. We parked it in the shed where it stayed from about 1992 until we pulled it out in 2009. The good times and approximately 230,000 miles are still fresh in our minds. We want to enjoy the car again like we did when it was new. While we realize that you can't go back, we intend to do the next best thing.

The restoration process has been going on now for about 21 months and we hope for it to be completed by summer. I will try to provide details and photos of the process during the next several posts.




Here are a few photos of the car in it's latest stage. These were taken on March 11, 2011:

No comments: