Saturday, November 26, 2005

Branson Day 40

The weather both today and yesterday was nice. Emily went shopping on "black friday" yesterday along with the millions of others. I stayed home. About noon I started having kidney stone type pains and by the time Emily got back I was really hurting. I went to bed with a hot pad on my kidney and after a while got enough relief to go to sleep. This morning I was fine. Go figure?? Emily helped with and ate at the supper yesterday afternoon. She helped cook breakfast at the park this morning.We stayed around here today and grilled some steaks at noon. Emily rode her bike to the post office and picked up the mail. Tonight we went to Sonic.

I found out today that you can download newly released books at Amazon. It's really neat and cheaper than buying them and paying postage. I got Dick Morris' CONDI vs. HILLARY and Peter Schweizer's DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO. Now I won't get behind on my conservative reading.

Emily got a call from Jimmie and Nita Duncan this morning and we are going to meet them for lunch tomorrow. They came to town with a complete schedule so they haven't had time to see us up to now. We will probably go to Cowboy Church in the morning and then meet them somewhere.

No particular reason for the picture. It was taken in Bismarck, ND just after we had put ten new tires on the trailer and truck and had the truck and trailer washed at a truck wash. We will probably be hitching it all up soon and heading out. After being here for a month and a half we are about ready to move on and are thinking about going to Alabama to see Emily's relatives.

By the way, you can now click on "Marshall and Floye" under "links" to go to their blog.

4 comments:

TexasSupreme said...

Welcome Sheryl and all!! I don't know why your name hasn't shown up yet on the Contributors list, but maybe it will soon. We'll see

TexasSupreme said...

Now it's there

TexasSupreme said...

Thanks for the interest and comments. You can write as much (or as little) as you want. In addition to commenting on a post, you can initiate original posts. Just go to the "dashboard" and click on "new post". We would appreciate you and the kids (and Rodney) keeping up with us.

There are hundreds of html tags. I only know a few. The ones above are break (or return), indent, and I don't know a. I can't use the tags here because it wants to treat them as html commands. I intend to get a book and try to learn html. It's the language of all (most?) websites. You should get Meredith a book and she and I can learn together. I had to used my limited knowlege of html the other afternoon when Meredith and I were working on P-I-T-P.

TexasSupreme said...

Oh by the way, Branson has probably changed a lot since you were here.