Tuesday, June 26, 2007

June 26, 2007



We decided to stay another day in Williams, so yesterday we got up and made a drive down to Sedona which is about 30 miles south of Flagstaff. Since Sheryl had asked about Sedona in her comments to Sunday's post, we decided that we should go and check it out. Sedona was as beautiful as we had heard with it's location in the red rock canyons. Rather than drive south from Flagstaff we went west on I10 and made a loop into Sedona from the west. It looked really good on the map, but as it turned out it was a narrow winding high mountain road that required 10 MPH speeds on a large percentage of the trip. I am not too keen on mountain driving so I was a nervous wreck when it was over. Needless to say, I didn't see too much of the scenery since I had to concentrate on the road.

Today we left Williams at about 9:30 and drove to Las Vegas. We will probably stay a couple of days and then move on north into Utah since it is so hot here.

No comments: