Wednesday, June 06, 2007

June 6, 2007



We left The Llano River RV Park last monday morning and drove to Balmorhea, Texas. We are staying at the Balmorhea State Park. There is a large spring-fed swimming pool, but it is so cold (72 degrees) that we are afraid to swim. Maybe Emily will try it tomorrow. We don't normally stay in Texas State Parks, but we bought the annual pass so we will probably stay more now. This is a real nice park and there aren't a lot of people here during the week. Some people come in during the day to swim, but they aren't camping.

The only Wi-Fi antenna is up near the office so I have to go sit at the picnic table to get internet. I have found that it is best just before sundown because the sunlight is too bright earlier. I guess that I need to get a hood to go over my head. Emily road up one night and took my picture.

Yesterday we rode up to Pecos, Texas which is about 30 miles north. It is really a sad looking town with nearly all of the businesses closed and people living in squalid conditions. They don't even have a Super WalMart. Tomorrow we plan to ride down to Fort Davis which is about 40 miles south.

No comments: